Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tutorial: Iphone Wallet

remember my travel kit organizer thing here?  well, i was messing with mine a couple days ago when i realized it's almost the exact same size as my iphone.  and since i usually hate carrying around purses because i never have anything to put in there, i decided to make a little iphone wallet.  


you can basically follow the same tutorial with some minor changes.  first, instead of the pieces being 6" tall i made them 6 1/2".  this is basically to make sure that it's long enough for an iphone with a thin case.  

next, instead of putting the zipper compartment on the inside, i put it on the outside.  now you can use it for change, headphones, lip balm or whatever else.


for the interior, instead of using the 3 pieces like before, use one solid piece of your main fabric.  then make one giant center pocket for the phone (basically the same as before but don't sew the separate pockets).  and make pockets for your cards.  conveniently i still had extra pockets for hair bands and bobby pins.  

and now you have a cute little iphone wallet.  or just plain wallet if you prefer to use the bigger pocket for cash.  it's a pretty versatile pattern really.

the original travel organizers are for sale in my shop here and i will be posting these iphone wallets once i get a couple made.

linking up here!

9 comments:

  1. What a GREAT post. I am lost when it comes to sewing zippers. Really stylish fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I'm stopping over from the Craft Envy party & now I'm your newest follower!

    http://pinspiring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! just visited your blog and i'm following you back!!

      Delete
  3. These looks great! I'd love for you to share them on my Marvelous Mondays party. http://www.jamscorner.com/2012/07/marvelous-mondays-link-party-4.html

    I'm now following you via GFC. I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow back if you like what you see. :)

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute!! You're very talented, I on the other hand, suck at sewing! And zippers scare me ;) Love the fabric you used too. I'd love for you to share this at my Throwback Thursday party. http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-3/

    Hope to see you there! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I love these iphone wallets! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your imagination and creativity. You're inspiring, I bet you are a calm person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The case is very form fitting and provides secure feel when in the case. Front of the case folds back all the way very conveniently, this lets you talk and take pictures very comfortably.iphone 5 wallet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for giving this wonderful iphone wallet tutorial. I like it very much. If anyone is looking to buy iphone x wallet case then visit Vena.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, advice or just say hello! Your comments make my day so don't be shy!!